Food Friday

Friday, December 30, 2011

This is a special decadent treat for the last Food Friday of 2011! My mom's chocolate mousse. I think what makes it best is the Bailey's or flavoured cream. I used hazelnut coffee cream when I made it and it was great. Mason actually said, "This is the best chocolate mousse I've ever had". I put the mousse in fancy glasses for fun too. Martini glasses look pretty and hold a nice serving size, the margarita glasses were a little big!



What you need:


7 squares Bakers unsweetened chocolate
3 eggs
2 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream or flavoured coffee cream (I used hazelnut!)
3 Tbsp icing sugar
1 - 500 ml container of Cool Whip (regular or light, but not the 95% fat free)


How to make it:

Melt chocolate. Combine with 1 whole egg and two yolks. Blend in liqueur. In a separate bowl, beat 2 eggs whites until foamy. Add icing sugar and beat until peaks form. Fold in Cool Whip, then chocolate mixture. Pour into serving dishes and chill for at least 3 hours. Top it all off with some dark chocolate shavings to make it look pretty.



Enjoy!