Food Friday

Friday, April 20, 2012

I had a couple overripe bananas on the counter that I wanted to use up the other day because I find that if I put them in the freezer, I never use them. But I also wanted something different from my usual banana muffins. I just used a muffin recipe and swapped out ingredients. They turned out great, we liked eating them for breakfast since they are simple and filling. 




Peanut Butter, Banana & Oatmeal Muffins 
(Yeah, I know, why don't I just list every ingredient and call that a name)

What you need:


1 cup flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
2 Tbsp ground flax
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp honey
1 cup mashed banana
6 Tbsp smooth, natural peanut butter
3/4 cup milk

How to make it:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.


Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Combine wet ingredients in another bowl. Blend well then pour into dry ingredients. Stir just until combined. Pour into lined muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.


0 wonderful comments: