A Personal Story, part 2

Tuesday, May 10, 2011


After Mason and I started dating, we had a lot of fun. We also got into trouble, as teenagers do, with drugs, alcohol and whatever else. Through Mason I was introduced to a guy who we'll call J. He and I started talking online and we hung out a couple times. I thought he was interesting because he seemed to know a lot of very different things and he was into some bad stuff that I was interested in at the time. He was a weird person to have as a friend, so our friendship was kind of "on and off". Mason and I kept dating until the summer time,  and we went to my grad together.

Mason and I at my high school graduation, June 2006
We both got our own apartments in a trendier part of town, just a couple blocks away from each other.  I hung out with J a little more and I opened one too many new doors with him. I got even more "adventurous" with drug use with him and that lead to a change in our relationship. Mason and I broke up and we didn't speak for over a year.

This was a pattern for me, I had always been involved with a guy since my first year of high school. When somebody new would come along, there was never much of a space in between boyfriends, it became a part of who I was. I didn't know who I was without someone with me. So 6 months after the break up with Mason, I moved in with J. I was so wrapped up in the relationship that I didn't see what was going on around me. I strained or just got lazy with my relationships to family and friends. I just couldn't see it at the time.

After living with J for a couple months, I got a new job as a server at BPs. He hated it from the beginning, for no good reason. I met so many great people there, but it was hard to develop friendships when I was trying so hard to keep up with J. He didn't see any room in my life for those people, so I kept those friendships to work time.

Me (centre) and three girls I served with at BPs
to be continued....





0 wonderful comments: