Beans

Monday, May 9, 2011

Good Morning!

I've read about "sensory boxes" quite a lot on different blogs. I first read about them on Sew Liberated a few months ago, then a more creative version on Modern Parents Messy Kids, and many more. I thought it was a cool idea, but I was a little worried about the mess. Finally I just decided to go ahead with it, messes are no excuse.

AND....



It was a huge hit. Who would have thought that a plastic bin full of beans would keep a toddler quite, busy and happy for hours on end?! Yep, it's pretty much amazing. The key to avoiding a giant mess was to have him clean up the beans every single time any fell out of the bin.



Want to try it out? All you need is a container of some sort - plastic ones work best, and larger is better if you want your child to be able to sit in it - and lots of dry beans. I used a plastic container I already had at home and bought the dry beans for $8. Anything beyond that is up to you! Check the links above for inspiration. :)

0 wonderful comments: