Food Friday

Friday, April 29, 2011

Good Morning!

Today I'm posting my own personal recipe! That's right, I have never seen or heard of this type of muffin before. I just thought it up and decided to make an attempt at it. I did use a basic muffin recipe and build from there, but that's just being sensible! I apologize about not having pictures, I totally forgot. :)

Strawberry Banana Muffins!

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup margarine, melted
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Set strawberries aside.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and make a well in the middle. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate then pour into dry ingredients and mix well. Stir strawberries in last. Line a muffin tin with baking cups and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.

Just a note on storing these babies, don't pack them in an airtight plastic container or they will get super mushy and soggy because of the moisture of the fruit.

0 wonderful comments: