Our Gallery Wall

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Good Morning!

I'm SO happy to be done school and have some free time. Over the last two days I finally finished getting pictures into frames and hanging them on our living room wall. Just to refresh your memory, here is the wall to be decorated before:


And now, here it is!


Yay! I looked around the web for inspiration and decided not to make the wall too structured. I saw a lot of walls where all the frames are exactly the same, or at least the same colour with the same matting. I like the variety on this wall. I picked family photos and mixed in some other things. Here are some close-ups...

In the centre I put a mirror that has been sitting around without a home since before Gavin was born! I'm glad it finally has a home. I used my silhouette to cut out the word "create" from the fuzzy white vinyl that came with the machine when I got it. I think the word will probably get switched out for something else down the road.


I wanted to incorporate something about our passions on the wall as well. I kept searching online for a good image that related to bass guitar since that is what Mason loves. I kept bugging him for suggestions and couldn't find anything that seemed right. Finally (duh) I just chose a photo of him playing bass and modified it on picnik. I love how it turned out.


Since Gavin is two and his passion is, well, everything that could possibly be considered playing, my options were wide open. I decided to frame a finger painting he made a month or so ago. When I showed him the wall yesterday he seemed proud of the picture, and he even remembered that he painted it with his fingers.


I didn't really know what to put in this frame. It is a bit of a strange size, not one that you can get a photo printed to or a pre-cut photo mat in. So it was on the wall before it had anything in it. Today I found an old t-shirt in my "to be reused" stash and I cut the image out and framed it!


Finally, these frames are so cool! They are from Umbra. The white frame, which looks like a polaroid, can be written on with dry-erase markers. The photos just slide in and the frames hang with a simple tack or sticky pad that snaps into the back. They were the perfect way to fill some little spaces.


And I know this post is dragging on FOREVER already so on Saturday I will post a few photos of the rest of our living room!

3 wonderful comments:

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

LOVE it! I love that you used an old t-shirt as a picture.. it's so pretty.

I also love the polariod looking frame too :D

Hey, check out my 10 Things I Love post - you're tagged!

Balancing Lisa said...

LOVE! I love how you arranged the wall! Looks great!

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Erica @ Acire Adventures said...

Thank you, ladies!!! :) I'm so glad it turned out!

And Sarah, I'll get my 10 things up soon!