DIY Dry Erase Board

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Good Morning!

I'll give you a bit of a break from all my canning shenanigans because there will be more of it to speak of tomorrow. Today you get a fun little project I made on Saturday night.

photo from paper n stitch
I saw this project a while ago on the paper n stitch blog. Let me just quote Jessica of How About Orange for a response to this cute tutorial: "Let's all kick ourselves now for not thinking of this sooner" [especially because dry erase markers tell you that they work on glass]. Yup, it's incredibly easy, and so much more attractive than your usual whiteboard.


I lucked out and got this nice little 8x10 frame at Michael's for under $7 and the fabric was just a remnant I had in my stash.

It will be a great place for "To Do" lists.


And anything else we can think of.


It is hanging right next to my bulletin board, so I tacked a little scrap of leopard print felt up to use as an eraser!



3 wonderful comments:

Unknown said...

I like it!!! I'll have to do that, so easy! Thanks for sharing!!!
You should try Kohl's for frames, I get mine from there for $1-$4 :)

Erica @ Acire Adventures said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried dollar stores, but the product looked a little too cheap for my liking. I'm sure Kohl's would be a lot better.

Donna~One Simple Country Girl said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing this awesome easy idea!
Hugs,
Donna