The Joy of Packing

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good evening!

Well today I officially started packing for the move! I realized that we will get the key in less than two weeks, so I had better get on it. I have left packing to the last minute before and suffered for it... So while packing isn't generally an activity that would be considered a great amount of fun, it certainly isn't all bad!

Today I packed books and DVDs. While it was not apparent at a first glance how many books we have, the act of taking them all off of the shelf really opened my eyes! I did know that our living room shelves each had two layers of books (so it looked like a normal shelf, but there was a whole other row behind the front ones on the shelves that are above Cookie Crumb's reach), but somehow I didn't realize what that meant. Then there was also all of our textbooks from university. Oh my!

This has lead me to a book inspired post. So here are my Etsy picks, inspired by my bookshelf!

This is a custom printed tee with Kurt Vonnegut on it. He is my absolute favourite fiction writer, and he was also an anthropologist! Cool.
{zenthreads, $17)
This is a Gonzo pendant. Inspired, of course, by Hunter S. Thompson.
This pretty little cuff has a quote from Lao Tzu, author of the Tao Te Ching. Let me just say, it is a book that every person should have on their shelf. 
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"
{jzdesigns, $60)

I think three is a good number for tonight.
;)

0 wonderful comments: