A Year of Music and Lesson Planning!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Good evening!

The sun is out in Lethbridge, but unfortunately the wind is also. I just can't wait for the nice weather to come back around! Yesterday afternoon was decent, the grade four class that I am in for my practicum went for an afternoon stroll for the environment, and got in the paper! Check us out here. I'm not mentioned in the article, but in the actual newspaper I was a little face in the background! Ha... Check out these two links (one and two) for more information about their cause. I'm so proud of these kids for taking a stand for the environment!

Anyways, this year has been a great year for my music taste. I've seen Hawksley Workman live, and he has two new albums. The John Butler Trio has a new one, Xavier Rudd, and Matt Costa has one in the works with a couple songs already released as well. We got floor seats to catch Tool on tour back at home. AND...

Jack Johnson has a new one! Which I am in love with. He always sticks to his style enough to be as loveable as always, but he comes up with beautiful ways to mix it up. The new one was even better than I expected! His last one took a while to grow on me, but I loved this one on the first listen. I read some of the lyrics before I heard those songs and they sounded a little dark, but the music is so light and relaxing. What a strange mix. The album ends with a sweet surprise; a new version of "Better Together" (which is one of my all time favourites!) The point is, you really need to get on iTunes and get the album for yourself. It's a must-have for summer!

I'll be spending the weekend with my mom, who is coming to visit, and working on some school stuff. I have to teach an hour long math lesson on Monday! It will be an adventure to say the least.

0 wonderful comments: