Monday Morning

Monday, June 28, 2010

Good Morning!

Can you believe that June is almost over? I really can't. My summer is just starting and I plan on enjoying a pretty free week. I will be hunting for jobs, but with our visit coming up next weekend, I suspect that I will probably start working next week.

I know it's been a long time since I talked about my little "garden". So check this out:

Look at my tomatoes! Haha.. they are NOT the ones I started from seed. Those ones didn't make it through a day or two outdoors. The first picture is of my lemon cherry tomato plant, the second is a better bush tomato plant. The second already has some fruit on it! :)
This is my basil. The first picture is of one of my two pesto perpetuo basil plant (that I did not start from seed). The second picture is my sweet basil that I started from seed. While they are thriving with the nice weather, they still have a long way to go!

Then there is my oregano which I started from seed. It isn't dying or anything, but it just isn't thriving. When it gets watered it sort of gets trampled into the dirt and that is why it is this way. The rain really took its toll on these little guys!
 Last, but not least are my chives. They are still really small, but are quite happy! 
And Mason must have been inspired by all my gardening because he bought some organic wheatgrass seeds at halfmoonbotanicals on Etsy and put together a little organic planter! Here is a photo of one week after he put the seeds in the pot. The grass was already 6 inches long! It's quite amazing how this stuff grows.

Well, I hope you all have a beautiful afternoon! I'm off to water my plants. :)

0 wonderful comments: