Goodbye, Long Weekend.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Hello! I hope that everyone else in cyberspace had a great long weekend because I sure did.

My wonderful, four day weekend was full of great things. Friday was my boyfriend's birthday. My son and I made him a birthday card together, which was really fun. My son is always bringing home crafts from daycare, so it was great to get to do one with him for once. My mom also came here to visit for the weekend, so we had a free babysitter on Friday night. It sure is nice to get out and not have to pay for a babysitter (especially when we had to fork over $13 each for a ticket to Clash of the Titans in 3D). The movie wasn't my choice, and it wasn't the amazing 3D spectacle that Avatar was. But it was entertainment nonetheless.

Besides that we got to go swimming, eat out, shop, colour eggs, and so on. Let me just say that for being completely unartistic, as my mom claims to be, she made the prettiest eggs. (Hers are the blue one with white squares, and the orange, yellow, green striped one)



Today I was determined to do some sewing. I started by trying a pattern from the book "Weekend Sewing" by Heather Ross. It was for a button-up shirt for toddlers, but the pattern turned out to be totally wonky, and I just gave up. The size 12 months was much too large for my son who wears size 18 months, and even size 2T sometimes. I hate to waste the fabric, but after the time and effort wasted, I just wasn't willing to try adjusting a complete shirt. Maybe next weekend.

I am happy to say, that I had better luck with a little dress I just made as I went. Check out the photo below. It was pretty easy, and it's super cute. I really need to have a daughter or to start making more boys clothes!


That is about all I have to say for now. I need to get to bed because I have school again tomorrow. 

Have a wonderful night!



0 wonderful comments: