Good Evening!

Friday, April 9, 2010

I've been thinking about my blog all week. I really want to write on here consistently, but I have a hard time getting going on it. I don't know what to write about. But tonight I have about 500 things to talk about! I will try to keep it short, though, I don't want to bore you.

First things first, I'm just sitting at my kitchen table right now listening to the John Butler Trio's new album "April Rising". Let me just say, I am digging it. If you have never heard of them, I suggest you go to their MySpace or their official website. They're a band from Australia, and they are fantastic. A co-worker at my last job told me to check them out and I forgot to for weeks, maybe even months. When I finally did, I realized how much I had been ripping myself off by not finding them sooner.



Anyways, enough about them, but on the topic of music... My boyfriend is out with a couple friends tonight at a metal concert and I'm thoroughly enjoying the time to myself. (and to be honest, I'm really intolerant about metal music, so it's nice that he can get out and listen to it really loud every now and then, and his friend is the singer! ok... here's their site if you like metal) Neither of us get out much, so I like a Friday night at home to myself.  I just sing at the top of my lungs and dance around the house and eat strawberries and bananas dipped in chocolate. No lies, this is what I am doing right now. Yum.



So onto something more creative... This week I planted my very first window garden! I'm very excited about it, and I'm crossing my fingers that these little babies sprout and turn into something. This year I've been wishing for a garden, but living in a second floor apartment doesn't allow much for a garden. There are free plots at the university, but I don't think I would do well if I had to go all the way out there for it. I got a little kit and then I just bought two other pots and seeds. I'm feeling confident about it right now because I have two lovely pots of plants that I managed to keep alive for the past 5 months or so. This is a great accomplishment for me because I have killed cactuses before. I used to have the opposite of a green thumb, whatever that may be, but it seems my new experience as a mother has done me some good. Or something! Here's some pictures of my little pots of dirt potential!



I will cut this short now because I know that long blog entries do not get read! I'll leave you with my creation of the day.


These are my pretty drool bibs, the first ones that I am selling on my AcireBaby Etsy shop. They are absorbent, waterproof, and stylish. :)

Goodnight.

0 wonderful comments: