25 before 25, 3-in-1!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Obviously I knew that our trip to Hawaii would give me a chance to cross a few things off of my 25 before 25 list, so I figured they could just share a post. One thing that is on my list that I didn't do was try surfing. I definitely could have when we were there, but once we arrived I quickly decided it wasn't a priority. There are a million things to do in Hawaii and I wanted to have a lot of family beach time rather than busy tourist time. I still want to do it someday, but it just wasn't the time. 

us three on our first night
The whole trip was one thing on my list. Going somewhere amazing with my boys was even better than I could have imagined, and I hope to do it many more times in the future! 


honu & I
Another thing on my list was snorkelling. I've never done it, just seen photos that my dad brought home. The photos just don't get anywhere near the experience. It was a whole different world out there. We went just off the beaches and also out to Molokini and another location further from shore nicknamed "Turtle Town". All three were spectacular. We saw so many cool fish, an octopus, an eel, many sea turtles of various sizes, and even heard the humpback whales under the water!


me, Mason & Dad... cold!
the most "sunrise" we saw from Haleakala
And the third one was watching a sun rise from above the clouds, on Haleakala. We weren't above all the clouds and it was super windy, rainy, cloudy, and cold! But I saw the sunrise on the airplane coming home from Hawaii, and that was definitely above the clouds! I don't have any photos from the plane, though, so these are from Haleakala.

0 wonderful comments: