The Globe Theatre

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Every year for the last few, my dad & step-mom have treated me and my sisters and our significant others to a play at the globe theatre. It's become a family tradition that I really look forward to and this year it was even more exciting since Gavin joined us for the first time. I love theatre and once aspired to make a career out of acting, so I love the idea of introducing Gavin to it from a young age. 


my dad & gavin before the show
He is just starting to be interested in watching television that stars real actors instead of puppets or cartoons, so I was a little nervous about his interest. He was so good and really enjoyed it though! Never was he bored and he was full of questions about it all after. The plays are always fantastic, but I think we really lucked out that it was the Wizard of Oz this year because it was so silly and the costumes and characters were so exciting for Gavin, where others (like a Christmas Carol, which we saw a few years back) may have been slightly less engaging for him. 

The best part of all may have been when it was all over and the actors were taking food bank donations in the lobby. It was like disneyland for Gavin!





PS - the 25 before 25 list

1 wonderful comments:

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

That's so great that he behaved so well!! He must have one good momma ;)