Grateful

Monday, November 5, 2012

You guys, I had such a great weekend. There was probably just as much going on this weekend as the last four put together, but I am feeling so grateful after it all. This year has been a fantastic one for me. While I can't really put a finger on one single thing that made it amazing, I know deep down what it is. Something in me shifted. I let go of things that I needed to let go of, I opened up parts of myself in ways I had been resisting, and it's been so awesome. For the first time in years, maybe a decade or more, I truly feel good about being me. 

This weekend Mason's parents came to visit, he and I went to Hawksley Workman's concert and a relatively new (but really wonderful) friend got married and I got to be there for her special day. I drove home from the wedding on Saturday night feeling so full of love and appreciation for my life. 

So much so that I just had to write it down. 

We all get caught up on the details sometimes, things get complicated or we're just downright picky, but at the end of the day we are all so lucky to be here for the brief moment that we are. I feel so fortunate just to be here for however long I am. :)

1 wonderful comments:

Mom said...

That is so nice to hear! And you are right. We need to be grateful for the wonderful moments that make up our lives and for the great people who make our lives better. You are one of those people for me. Luv ya.