Eat: Pistachio Pudding Cookies

Friday, October 19, 2012

Bizarre name, right? Are you intrigued? I had a box of pistachio pudding mix in my cupboard and decided I must be able to make cookies from it. I browsed the interweb to see what others had done then set out on my own adventure. Here is the recipe I came up with. It's so simple and strangely addictive. And it would be a great recipe to try with toddlers since it's not at all complicated and can be made quickly. Plus, the egg is totally optional. I found the dough really dry and hard to mix without it, but you could make do with a little effort. So if you want to munch on the cookie dough and don't feel comfortable with raw egg, leave that out (though I will say, I have eaten a great deal of raw-egg cookie dough in my life and never been bothered by it).




What you need:

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 pkg Jello pudding mix, pistachio flavour
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
1/3 cup chocolate chips

How to make it:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cream butter & pudding mix. Beat in egg. Beat in flour, a little at a time. Mix in chocolate chips. Scoop in tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. 


You could also substitute any other flavour of pudding, so the possibilities are endless. Plus different types of chocolate chips. The cookies don't flatten out like most cookies do, so they look really cute if you have a melon scoop to use for the dough. Mine came out looking like little scoops of mint chip ice cream.

Enjoy!

1 wonderful comments:

Mom said...

I made these today. Big mistake!! They really are addictive! I also added raw pistachios to mine. They are so much like shortbread, but the pistachio flavor and chocolate make them really yummy.