The Cake

Monday, September 10, 2012

My nephew's birthday was a week ago already and I realized that I forgot to show you the cake. I may not have mentioned it before, but my sister's husband is a very talented guy. You know, he's the musical, gourmet chef, great golfing, cartoon drawing, awesome daddy, engineer. Because that's totally fair, right? :) 

Yes, apparently she knows how to pick 'em. 

Anyways, we know that when we're invited for a meal or a birthday there's going to be something great. So I had to share a couple photos of the fun & amazingly delicious birthday cake he put together for his little guy's birthday...



Amazing, right?


And guess what was inside? Layers of chocolate & red velvet cake with chocolate icing. Yum.


The birthday boy also got to play with his food!


Anyone else have a little case of cake envy?

1 wonderful comments:

Tara said...

Awww... you're too sweet! :)

To be honest, while the creative genius was all Jake, it didn't take a ton of work. Thanks to the dollar store, Oreo crumbs, and the tubes of icing you buy at the grocery store, once the main part of the cake was made and iced, it only took about 10 minutes to decorate!