Antiquing With Mom

Friday, September 7, 2012

Last weekend Gavin and I made the trip to Regina for Ben's birthday. Gavin always does the rounds while we're there, so when he was with Mason's parents, Mom and I went to the Antique Mall. It was on a total whim and we got lucky to catch them open on a Sunday, but I couldn't have thought of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon. 


I don't know if anyone other than my mom would have happily browsed three huge floors of antiques with me for hours. 



She loved the more antique stuff (before her time), I loved it all. Every now and then she would quiz me on the purpose of something for fun. 
 Then we found their collection of vintage hats. They were amazing! I wish that was my collection. We had a hilarious time trying them on. Mom looked amazing in this red velvet hat (I thought mine was pretty silly). 


And of course, we found some very quirky pieces that were worth taking a photo of...






in case you can't read the writing, the tag says:
1960s Exerciser
Yes I Work
I am more fun than a Maytag rinse cycle


1 wonderful comments:

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.