Kid Friendly Bathroom

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Over the last few months, Mason has taken an interest in teaching Gavin good hygiene habits and making him aware of their importance. Mason works with kids who may not have been taught these things early on, so he's come to recognize how important it is to share this awareness from an early age. Gavin already knows plenty about hygiene, but I wanted to take it to the next level and start making it his responsibility. Here are a few changes I made to our bathrooms that help him keep himself clean...

We have two bathrooms, and we use each for different things. So we need two stools so that he can reach the sink.

In the bathroom that he uses to go potty, there is some fun hand soap just for him because he doesn't normally like to use it. Now it is foamy, orange & has Elmo on the bottle - a little more enticing, no?


The other bathroom is where we keep brushes, combs, toothbrushes, facecloths, etc. So I made sure that Gavin has all these things in his reach. I used a decorative bowl I had laying around and put in his toothbrush, toothpaste, a facecloth, & a brush. 


Since the only mirror in our bathroom is on a medicine cabinet high on the wall, I bought a small mirror that sits on the counter at his level so he can see what he is doing. 


I also have a bunch of clean facecloths under the sink in a basket so he can easily get a fresh one & I can restock his bowl every day. 


I considered having somewhere to put laundry in the bathroom as well, but we have two separate laundry baskets (one for towels, one for clothes) just steps away so I decided against adding another.

0 wonderful comments: