Play: Green Skateboarding Men

Monday, July 16, 2012

Source: kidcrave.com via Erica on Pinterest


I first saw these toys online somewhere, maybe just on pinterest. I thought they were an awesome alternative to green army men, which I'm just not cool with. I know they're a classic, but we don't do guns and army toys in my home. War is an incredibly complicated and inherently destructive force so I don't think it's appropriate to let my child go ahead and make it into a game. And this opinion was recently reconfirmed when I saw one of Gavin's daycare buddies pretending a stick was a gun while playing with the other kids. Guns aren't cool on anyone, especially three year olds. 




Anyways, I pinned these on pinterest and actually got a snarky comment from a total stranger because of it which made it all the more satisfying when I bought them. Gavin pointed out right away that they are like green army men, but we decided that skateboards are cooler than guns.

If you're interested you can check out the toy boarders here.

0 wonderful comments: