New Camera! (erica does a happy dance, family hides)

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Yep, I got a new camera! And I think Mason and Gavin are totally sick of me snapping photos. They probably miss seeing my face without a camera in front of it. Ha! Ok, I'm exaggerating a little, but last week on the first night I bought the camera Mason said to me, "I'm already sick of this" (in reference to me taking photos). Sorry guys, but if it's any consolation I'm totally excited about the number of awesome photos I have of your faces. ;)


Why did I get a new camera? Well my old Canon Elph was getting quite slow and sometimes decided to take terrible photos for no good reason. But I wasn't planning on getting a new one quite yet, until I saw the one I wanted on sale for a hundred and seventy bucks off. Yep, sold! Probably best that I get it now while I actually have a real income anyways.

I got an Olympus E-PM1, which is part of a fairly new line of cameras that are in between a point and shoot and an SLR. It has interchangeable lenses and options for totally manual shooting, as well as awesome photo quality and high speed shooting. The body is a lot smaller than an SLR though, which I really like. But enough chatter, brace yourself for photo-overload and let me show you what it does!










(There are even a bunch of options for the flash, including removing it from the camera altogether, and it doesn't wash things out like the one on my old camera... the next two photos were taken inside with the flash)














0 wonderful comments: