Food Friday

Friday, March 9, 2012

On Valentines day I made pink heart pancakes. I had strawberries and rhubarb in the house I decided to put together a topping for the pancakes because I'm weird and don't like syrup. This is the combination I used and it was yummy! Just don't dish out too much, it's very sweet.


Strawberry Rhubarb Compote






What you need:


1 cup strawberries, sliced
1 cup rhubarb, cut into 1/2 - 1 inch slices
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp water
1/2 tsp cinnamon


How to make it:

Put all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until fruit is well coated with honey. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes. The mixture should thicken up nicely. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a couple minutes before serving over pancakes, waffles, ice cream, or anything else you can think of!

0 wonderful comments: