Happy New Year!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

I hope you all had a wonderful time last night welcoming the new year, whether you were sleeping through it or having some wild fun (or anywhere in between). In the spirit of the occasion, I figured I would share my new year's resolutions. Honestly, I'm just as guilty as the next person for failing to live up to any resolutions, but it's still fun to make them. I have three this year.

1. Run.
    There have been many times over the last few years that I have gotten myself motivated and gone to the gym. From those times I have learned how amazing running is. It makes me feel so fantastic and when I do it, I'm so glad that I did. Somehow, though, I always just let it go again and drop the routine. So hopefully this year I can incorporate it permanently. I'm not making the goal to lose weight or run a marathon, I just want to run on a regular basis because I know it makes me feel good.

2. Live in the moment.
    That very simple principle also entails a lot more for me. But basically, I want to continue to get better at loving the here and now instead of looking to the past or future for something better. It's very easy to take a simple, routine life for granted even though it is so amazing and beautiful. So I would like to get better at embracing the beauty of the everyday.

3. Do what I do.
     I have trouble being me sometimes. I mean, I am me, but I have trouble embracing myself fully, as I am. Many times I act from my ego, or based on what I'm thinking rather than what just is, or based on what I think other people in my life would think is best. So I want to get better at just doing what I do, not what I imagine others think I should do (because I'm not a mind reader and my life isn't about them).

Do you have any resolutions for the new year?

0 wonderful comments: