Crafty Christmas #6: Custom Bags

Monday, December 12, 2011

Do you have good sewing skills? How about just a little? Sewing bags can be easier than you think, as long as you're following a pattern and read carefully. If you're a little more advanced, you can just design or customize something yourself. Click on the image to go to the post on each bag.

From patterns:

{the first two are both made using the Dapper Day Bag pattern from Meg McElwee's Sew Liberated, with a few tweaks}



{the next pair are from an old diaper bag pattern that I've made over and over and tweaked a bunch}





Designed myself:






3 wonderful comments:

SewChicken said...

I love the orange Day Bag. It looks nicer than alot of other ones I´ve seen. What were your modifications to the pattern? Just leaving out the piping?

Erica @ Acire Adventures said...

Thanks! For the orange bag I left out the piping and changed the interior. In her pattern I believe the lining is the same as the exterior, with pleating and all. I made my own piece that was smaller, so it didn't need to be pleated and then I made some pockets inside - one zippered and two other small ones. I'm obsessed with pockets to divide stuff up in purses!

SewChicken said...

They sound like great ideas. I´ll give them a go. Thanks heaps!