Food Friday

Friday, July 1, 2011

I've really been loving quinoa lately, but we've always eaten it in hot meals. So I tried a salad using it and it was delicious! I'm also a huge fan of lemon and fresh basil, so this salad is an easy favourite. I ate it warm the day I made it, and leftover cold. This is a healthy and filling dish that you can eat by itself or as a side dish.


Quinoa Salad

What you need:

2 cups cooked quinoa (3/4 cup uncooked)
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup oil (olive or flaxseed are healthy choices)
5 Tbsp lemon juice

How to make it:

Toss together the quinoa, beans, basil, and onion in a bowl. Whisk together the oil and lemon juice in a separate bowl, then toss with salad. Mix well so everything is coated evenly.

Ta-da! That's it!

0 wonderful comments: