Bad News and Good News

Saturday, July 23, 2011

When somebody says they have bad news and good news, which do you like first? I think I prefer bad first, then the good seems very good after the bad. Otherwise, the bad might ruin the good? That's my take at least, so that's how you'll get it.

The bad news:

Bed bugs! BUT not in our apartment. Not yet at least. I just got word yesterday that the people who live next to the people right below us had some bed bugs. I am beyond freaked out. Fortunately, a couple hours later our landlord let us know they would be spraying our place, but they never mentioned bed bugs. I understand that they are probably trying to avoid getting everyone excited over the issue, but it would have been nice if they had filled us in.

So anyways, this is what I did to help myself feel better tonight:


[those are sticky things to catch pests, if you didn't know. those bed bugs will not be coming through my door!]


SO after that yucky bad news, here is the good news...

I won my very first giveaway on a blog! I won a set of Jamberry nails from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar. They sound pretty cool and I'm also just excited that I won something, haha. So I'll be showing those off when they arrive. :)


Thanks to Cheri and Jamberry Nails for adding a highlight to my otherwise heebie-geebie filled day!

1 wonderful comments:

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Congrats on winning that giveaway! I'm jealous :) I entered it too! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

And I'm sorry to hear about the bed bugs... good thing they are going to spray your place.