A Personal Story, part 7

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer 2008 with Mason flew by and suddenly, it was the last weekend before Mason had to return to school. I was spending as much time as I could with him before those times were over. The last day he hung out with his friends we were all at his house, they had a few drinks in them, and I {obviously} didn't. We were hinting at things that night that we hadn't talked about yet, and I was just dying to hear more. I had wanted to say three particular words to him for a while, but I held my tongue - I didn't want to make it complicated. Finally, we snuck away into a separate room to talk. I told him I loved him, and he said he loved me too. My heart nearly jumped right out of my chest. He kept talking, and I could barely breathe as I listened... "you..me...together.. baby... together... adoption... family..." I was totally blown away. The night ended and I cautiously brought the topic up the next morning. Was it the drinks talking?

August 2008
Absolutely not. He wasn't going to make any life changing decisions on the spot, but I now knew what he was thinking. Over the following months we talked all the time. He couldn't be there for my ultrasound, but I called him right away to tell him it was a BOY!

The first time I saw Gavin. He wouldn't show his face! September 2008
We saw each other when we could, and he finally decided that he was going to be with the baby and I. I wasn't there when he broke the news to the people closest to him, but we can imagine that it would be interesting. I finished work just before Christmas 2008 so I could spend the holiday with Mason and my family. He only had a couple weeks of school left after the break and I only had a couple weeks of pregnancy left. It was exciting and a little nerve-wracking, but luckily Mason finished school and was all packed to go home (and I was still pregnant) on January 23, 2009. He and his parents would be making the trip back the next morning and my due date was four days away.

2 weeks before Gavin was born.
At 3:00 a.m. on January 24, 2009, my water broke. I woke up and realized what had happened and I didn't know what to do. What else does a girl do when she has no clue what to do? Yep, I called my mom. Then my doctor, then Mason. Suddenly, things were even more intense. Mason was moving back to Regina that morning, and it looked like the baby would be coming the same day.

to be continued...

1 wonderful comments:

Tara said...

Yay! I love this part of the story :)

You have no idea how happy I was when you and Mason got back together, and I'm still so amazed at him for making such a huge decision.