Food Week: Day Two

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Today we're making an Open-Face French Omelet! I got this recipe from my mom. She used to make this for supper, but it was my favourite eating the leftovers for breakfast the next day {note: this was my first time making the dish, but not my first time eating it}. This is a meal you can serve at any meal. I would recommend making two of these if you are serving more than 2 or three people... Mason, Gavin and I polished off a full one at supper the other night!


Open-Face French Omelet

What you need:

6 slices of raw bacon, chopped
1 large potato, cubed
1 small onion, chopped
Garlic Plus seasoning, or just salt and pepper, whatever
8 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup shredded mozza cheese (or cheddar, it's all I had in the house)
parsley flakes

How to make it:

Fry the bacon, potato and onion at medium heat. Season with Garlic Plus and stir often until fully cooked. Put in a bowl and cover to keep the mixture warm. Set aside

In the same frying pan (I rinsed mine with hot water and got the chunks off the bottom), cook eggs until softly set. Slide into an oven-proof dish, like a glass pie dish, or something similar in size to your frying pan. Sprinkle with half of the cheese, then the potato mixture, the other half of the cheese, and then parsley. Broil in the oven until cheese is fully melted.

Then cut and serve!


0 wonderful comments: