Procrastination

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Good Morning!

Have I ever told you about my procrastinating problem? I am a born procrastinator. Seriously, when my mom was pregnant with me, I was 2 weeks overdue and she had to be induced. I am that much of a procrastinator and have been my whole life. When I was 9 or 10 years old we were playing a trivia game at school and I was the only person who knew the definition of the word because I was so used to hearing it from my mom. Haha, and that still applies today. Even though I have gotten better at managing my procrastinating, my mind seems to be programmed for it. Whenever I get to a really busy period in school when I have a million school-related things to do, I start wanting... I start wanting to do more crafty stuff, blog more, buy stuff, and so on. It's pretty funny, but at least I recognize it, right?

Anyways, this is what has been attempting to steal my attention away from homework lately.

via MWestDesigns
Yep, that's right: Rugs! So strange. The reason I'm interested in rugs right now, besides procrastinating, is that we have really ugly carpet in our apartment. It's not something that I can change directly, but at least I can cover it, right? Our living room also looks better now, we've added and subtracted things so things actually match rather than looking like a total hand-me-down living room. While it looks a lot better, the carpet sticks out more. I went looking for a new rug the other day, but they were either way too expensive or way too small. So now I'm looking at what I can make! Here's some of the inspiration I've found:

via Sew Liberated
via Xoelle
via Design*Sponge & Adventures in Dressmaking

4 wonderful comments:

Balancing Lisa said...

I'm sure my house could use a few throw rugs! LOVE the colors in the second one, but the third one is speaking to me too! lol

http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

Mom said...

Nice rugs, but quit procrastinating and do your homework!! Luv ya.

Mason said...

Hey you,

Nice rugs. Amazing blog.

I also don’t believe you have procrastination ingrained in you. . . although your mind has made you believe you do. . . I’ve seen you in your flow, a baby bag gets made in four hours or so. . .  love you.

Erica @ Acire Adventures said...

Haha, I love how my family didn't take the bait on the rug thing at all.

Yes, Mom, I'll do my homework. ;)

And Mason, a baby bag and other sewing is fun stuff, of course I don't procrastinate there. It's the homework that gets put off! :P