Hello, Stranger

Friday, October 8, 2010

Good Morning!

I'm so sorry for my absence. It has been a crazy week, but I'm so happy to announce that I am done with all the baby shower planning and preparations. It just needs to happen now (Saturday). Today I'll be on the road to Regina, so I don't have much new to talk about. All my creative energy has been going into this baby shower, as you will see starting SUNDAY when my Baby Shower Series begins.

Anyways, Food Fridays are pretty easy, so I have no excuse for not giving you some sort of recipe. Today I'll share one of my mom's signature recipes: her brownies. I grew up eating these and because of that I have always had something against box-brownies. They just never could live up to mom's.

Brownies!

Ingredients:

3 squares Baker's unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs
1 1/3 cups flour
2 tsp vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt butter and chocolate together. Add sugar, milk and eggs. Mix well then add vanilla & flour. Bake in a greased 9x13 inch pan for 30-35 minutes.

These are best the next day when they have been covered over night and the top gets all moist and yummy. Mmmmm....

:)

0 wonderful comments: