Baby Shower Series: Food!

Friday, October 15, 2010



Good Morning!

I was clever and found a way to amalgamate Food Friday and the Baby Shower Series. Today we'll talk about what we were eating at the baby shower last Saturday. My mom was really helpful and got together the non-sweets. She put together a delicious tray of veggies and dip and brought along some juice and pop. My auntie (whose house we had the shower at) had coffee and tea going. And I made some sweets! I made butter buns, chocolate onesie cookies and chocolate chip cookies. Someone else also slipped in the other stuff (I'm not even sure what it is), but I'm not sure where it came from! As you may know, I've already shared two of the above recipes, so click on the links for those posts. I didn't quite go as crazy with the onesie cookies this time, but luckily for me, white onesies with a little decoration fit the whole theme quite well. They didn't do awesome with being frozen, transported over 600 km & then thawing (some of the icing got smudged), but that's ok.


So the only recipe you don't have is for delicious chocolate chip cookies (that are totally hidden in the above photo)! These are obviously a classic. Here's the recipe I've had the most luck with.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cream butter and sugars well. Add egg and vanilla. Beat for a couple minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Drop tablespoonfuls on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.


0 wonderful comments: