A New Creation!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good Morning!

Well here's the latest creation. It's a bean bag chair. :) I got it all put together yesterday and I'm happy with how it worked out. To be honest, it was all totally improvised. I made a really sloppy liner to contain all the terrible little beans and then a cover to go over top. The cover is made from some ikea fabric that just happened to be perfect. I just cut out the ovals and sewed them together! (Ok, there was a little more to it than that, but no intense measuring and sketching pattern pieces or anything)


My only complaint is how firm it is, but luckily the inner liner does up with velcro so I can let out some of the stuffing. That will probably happen tomorrow, as well as a few finishing touches. So far, though, it is a hit!

If you'd like to make a bean bag chair, but go the smart route, check out this tutorial or download Dana's pdf pattern here.

0 wonderful comments: