Happy Mother's Day

Sunday, May 9, 2010

I hope that all the mom's out there had a wonderful day. I can finally sit down to write now that Mr. Cookie Crumb is in bed.

This morning I woke up at 8:30 to the big guy and the little guy bringing me presents. My son made me an adorable bouquet at daycare (from an egg carton, straws, and pom-poms) and he also gave me some lucky bamboo in a panda vase. It was all very sweet. I was so sleepy I could hardly keep my eyes open, and they let me sleep in until 10:30! It was really great. We went for a walk around the lake, played at the amazing playground down there, ate ice cream and had a barbecue. All in all, a wonderful Mother's day!


I also gave my mom a call and had a good chat with her. It's definitely too bad not being able to be home and see her on special occasions, but it is almost as much fun to send things in the mail and get a phone call or email about their arrival. I also sent my sister a mother's day card, even though she isn't a mommy quite yet, she will be soon! And I received an e-card from her from this website. It is the World Food Programme's website where you can send a mother's day card by making a donation, which goes to pregnant or new moms in countries such as Haiti and India. This helps support healthy pregnancies and healthy children. What a great idea!

I don't want to share what I got for my mom quite yet because it didn't get to her small-town mailbox yet. But I will share something put together by the same author who made her gift. It's called... the pig of happiness. You will love it, I promise!



And finally, here are the lovely aprons I made for a customer to give to her mom for mother's day. They are matching grandma/granddaughter aprons!


Good night!

0 wonderful comments: