Getting Back To It!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Good Afternoon!

I'm once again getting back to the blogging business. I need to put in the time to do it often, and apparently that is difficult. I also have no excuse, this week has been school free and job free. My only commitment this week has been one job interview...

That's right, I can tell you a story! Ok, so I had a job interview this week at a nice restaurant in town. I've lived here since August 2009, but haven't worked yet because I was in school living off student loans. So this is the very first job interview since I'm here and the man who interviewed me is from Regina like me and worked at the place my sister used to work and my mom still works. So strange. He personally knew two of my references that were on my resume. I find it so bizarre that I still get the "It's a small world" feeling when I'm living 6 1/2 hours away from everyone I know! This has happened to me multiple times throughout my life, as far away as Ottawa. I guess it's that whole 6 degrees of separation thing?

As far as creativity, I have been kind of lazy. I have been cleaning, tidying, doing chores, and being lazy in between. I did make some delicious greek chicken thighs the other night though. Here's a couple recipes if you are a greek and/or lemon fiend like myself.

Greek Chicken Thighs

Ingredients:

10 - 15 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
3 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp oregano
olive oil

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Arrange the chicken thighs in a 9X9 inch glass dish and add water and lemon juice. Sprinkle garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano over the top. Bake for 45 minutes, turn thighs every 10 minutes and brush the tops with oil. 


Serve with the some rice, steamed veggies and the sauce below!

Very Lemon Sauce

Ingredients:

1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh or from a bottle in your fridge)
1 heaping tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
1 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp water
2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
olive oil
dash of black pepper
1/4 - 1/2 tsp oregano

Directions:

Sauté the garlic in olive oil in a small sauce pan for a couple minutes until it smells really flavourful. Then add your ingredients in one by one. Stir really well. The recipe I adapted this from said it should turn creamy, but mine did not. Take the pan off the heat and put a lid on. If it doesn't thicken up you can add a little cornstarch or arrowroot powder and stir while heating until it thickens up to your taste.

Top the chicken and maybe some rice with this sauce. Be warned, it is very lemony.

Hope you enjoy! Sorry I didn't take any photos...

0 wonderful comments: