Busy, Busy, Busy!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wow! Time has been flying the last few days. I'm having a very busy week. I have just started my first education practicum while also attending class; my dad, step-mom (DC) and their dog Dusty came for a visit; and I'm still looking for a job.


It has been really great though. Last night Mr. Cookie Crumb had a sleepover with dad and DC, so Mason and I got to get out. We went for a hike down into the valley, which we have never done since living here. It was quite the trek (especially back up the valley!) and definitely not the type of activity that would work out with the Mr. Cookie Crumb. But we saw a lot of really great stuff including beautiful old fallen trees, trees skinned and fell by beavers, pelicans on the river, and a hidden forest dirt-bike track. Great stuff! Here's some photos I took (they look even better if you click for the full-size version). Remember, these were all taken in the middle of the city! Go figure.
Doesn't this look like a dragon?
This trestle is the largest of its kind in the world!
I have also been falling in love with being in a classroom with children. While I had initially set my mind on secondary education, this grade four class is quickly changing that idea. More on that later!


0 wonderful comments: