Sunday Afternoon

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good afternoon! I'm just sitting in my sunny bedroom sipping a delicious smoothie that the man made for me :) It's delicious.

I kind of fell off the bandwagon with my blog posts, I did it every day for a few days. That's fine though. I just finished my last week of classes for this semester and I now have to prepare for my exams. I won't lie to you, I have not even looked at what I have to study yet... Oops.

On to more interesting things... My little window gardens are doing great! One of the plants in my larger container (see left) didn't sprout, I think it was the chilli peppers. My guess is that it just wasn't hot enough. I'm ok with that though, I don't eat chillies anyways and it leaves more room for my tomatoes and basil.
Also, I have pretty much been in complete denial about this week coming up, so I took the time to do some sewing on Friday night. I bought some linen (ok, linen/rayon blend because it's a lot cheaper) for the first time. I love it! It is a great fabric, so unique. So I made this little toddler dress. It was also my first time using snaps, which worked out great. Check it out:
It ties at the back, that's what the little strings hanging a the sides are for. I really want to go out and spend my life savings on linen now. However, I will restrain myself. I bought some plain orange of the same fabric and I drafted a pattern yesterday that I'd like to use it for. It will be a short sleeved button-up shirt for my son. Sadly, it may not get done until next week. I really need to devote myself to studying. 

And that leads me to my final announcement. I may be absent for part or all of the next week. My last exam is next Saturday, so I will be sure to post by next Sunday. It will fly by, I promise. I will be back in no time at all!

While I'm gone, check out all my links and past posts, they will keep you busy for a little while at least. :)

0 wonderful comments: