Allow me to introduce myself!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Welcome everyone, to my very first blog post!
I find that starting something is always the most difficult step. That may partially be because I am somewhat of a procrastinator... but that's not the point.

Anyways....

I decided the best way to start off my blog is to tell my imaginary audience a little about me and my goals for this blog.

My name is Erica, I am a 21 year old university student living in Alberta, Canada. I am a mom to one amazing little boy, and I am a partner to his amazing dad. I'm going to school to become a teacher, but I have a couple of hobbies that I am so in love with that sometimes I question my career choice! Those hobbies are sewing and jewelry making. I started both of these things a couple years ago when I took three months off from working just because I felt like it. I had to find something to fill the time, so that's what I did. I grew up with my mom sewing things, and I remember that our most treasured outfits were always made by her. Going with my mom to the fabric store and picking out fabric for our own clothes was an exciting event for my sister and I. I suppose that is why I started sewing. I started making jewelry at the same time, but it was a 'just because' sort of thing that I ended up enjoying.

As for this blog... I'm starting it up as a way to share some of the things I do with the world. I have followed a number of blogs for a while now and I really respect them. I thought I would give it a try. At this point, my thoughts are that I will share miscellaneous things, such as, what I'm making, what is going on in my life, any creative fun things that I think you all should know about, and what not. I'm not planning on getting too personal with you, don't worry, this isn't a 'dear diary' kind of thing, but it will be space for me to share some thoughts. Overall, though, I hope that it will evolve into something good that others can enjoy.

So please come back soon and check out what I have to offer!
And until then, if you want to know a little more about my hobbies, click here to see my facebook page. It's got a bunch of photos and you can become a fan too, I love new fans.

Thanks for visiting, and have a nice day!

2 wonderful comments:

Anna K. said...

I am so happy you decided to go ahead with the blog! It's such a great way to organize your creative thoughts!

Looks great so far!

Erica @ Acire Adventures said...

Thanks! Hopefully it will turn into something that others can enjoy!