Weekend Links

Sunday, February 2, 2014



I'm sure it will come as no surprise when I say that the last week or so were an absolute whirlwind. Luckily, I got to take all of last week off to stay in Regina to be with family and help take care of my three year old nephew whose brother and parents were at the children's hospital back here is Alberta. The three of them managed to be back home less than a week after they rushed away to deal with my nephew's severe heart defect that had gone totally undiscovered for my sister's entire pregnancy and his first month of life, which was absolutely amazing. Apparently little Noah is already a fighter, appearing perfectly healthy the entire time and coming through a risky procedure with no problems at all. Words cannot express how grateful I felt to be able to hold him and hug his parents when they got back home. 


So I've had this half finished links post sitting in my drafts since before I left Lethbridge 10 days ago totally unaware about the wild week we were in for, I figured it was about time to post it!

I find the process of chocolate making so fascinating!

Kurt Vonnegut is also fascinating. 

This made me laugh.

And this had me dreaming of traveling the world!

How to ask better questions.

I've followed Dana's blog for years and love her new youtube channel.

I plan on reading/watching this soon.

I really enjoyed this perspective on teaching kids about swear words.

I've got a spot in my living room that needs something and I think it should be a globe. Here are three favourites.

Wise words.

And Gavin's favourite song by his favourite singer.

0 wonderful comments: