Convocation

Thursday, May 30, 2013



It's official, today is the day of my convocation. And also, the fifth anniversary of the day I took that fateful pregnancy test that came back positive. It might sound funny to remember that date with such accuracy, but the place I'm in today can be traced back to that moment

If you had asked me where I expected to be in five years on the morning of May 30th, 2008 (before I took the test), I don't think I would have said, "Celebrating the completion of an honour's degree in Lethbridge, Alberta, with my mom, dad, Mason, and four year old son." I don't think I could have imagined it if I had tried. It's hard not to look back to that day when celebrating any achievements in my life now because I just can't imagine life without Gavin and all the change he brought. There are so many decisions I probably wouldn't have made, relationships that would have looked so different or never existed at all. 

So it's a big day, it's
 a good reminder that no matter what this moment looks like, we have no idea what the next one holds. And in five years, your life could change in the most amazing ways, because mine did.  :)

2 wonderful comments:

Mom said...

Quite the day! I remember so well the day you told me you were pregnant. . . the shock, then the excitement. And look at you now! You are an amazing Mom of a terrific 4 year old and have graduated with distinction with a degree after 4 years of hard work. Yes, things can change so much. And I am so glad for you that they did. You have made me soooo proud!!

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Congratulations, sweet girl!