Refashioned: Grandma's Dress

Friday, June 29, 2012

A while back my grandma gave me a dress of hers in hopes that I could find someway to reuse it. My before picture isn't accurate because I had already chopped off the button-up, shoulder-padded top section so you'll have to use your imagination for that. 




I used the bottoms of some lululemon pants that I turned into capris to make a yoga-style, (super comfy) fold over waistband. Then I hemmed the skirt up so it falls just below my knees. The whole thing was really easy and now I have this pretty, lightweight skirt. An extra bonus? There's pockets hiding in there!



***UPDATE***
I meant to get this done before the post went up, but I didn't. Here's a photo of the skirt on (plus a distracted Gavin)! 


1 wonderful comments:

Tara said...

Wow - that turned out really cute!