Food Friday

Friday, June 15, 2012

It was Gavin's Grandpa Dale's 60th birthday a couple weeks ago and since we couldn't be with him, I figured we should still be able to have a little cake over skype. I wanted to make brownies (because I love them), but I also wanted a cake. So I modified the old brownie recipe, baked it in a round cake pan, and tossed on some icing and sprinkles. It turned out amazing. The secret ingredient? Greek yogurt!






What you need:


2 squares Baker's unsweetened chocolate
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
2 eggs
2/3 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla extract


How to make it:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.



In a large bowl, melt butter and chocolate in the microwave. Add sugar, yogurt & eggs. Mix thoroughly. Add vanilla & flour. Stir until fully combined then pour into a greased 6 inch round pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.


The greek yogurt gives the brownies a rich, cheesecake-like flavour that is so awesome. I whipped up some simple icing with powdered sugar, cocoa powder and milk for the topping, then let Gavin choose some sprinkles. It's no car cake, but it sure was delicious!




0 wonderful comments: