Food Friday

Friday, June 8, 2012

My mom bought me a waffle iron for Christmas last year and I love it. I tried a few waffle recipes and then I put together my own which has become my absolute favourite. It makes quite a lot, so I freeze the leftovers. Then it's easy to toast up waffles in the morning - as easy as eggos, but way more tasty!



Super Delicious Waffles


What you need:


2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp baking powder
4 eggs, separated
2 Tbsp sugar
1 cup greek yogurt
1 cup milk
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla


How to make it:


In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar. Add yogurt, milk, butter & vanilla. Mix well. Add flour and baking powder and mix just until combined. In another bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form then fold into batter. Cook in a waffle maker according to its direction.


0 wonderful comments: