Rhythm

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Being a student for 8 months of the year is so strange. It feels completely normal because I've been doing it for the last three years, but whenever summer rolls around I realize how weird university is. 


This year I finally got a summer job that is (actually supposed to be) only for the summer and pays well. So besides having slightly weird schedules, our little family now runs pretty much like a "normal" families would. But it feels weird.


If you're a student you probably know what I mean. From September until May I go to school for only a couple hours a day, but I have hours of other work that I have to plug in wherever I please. And then from May until September, I have to spend eight hours a day, five days a week at work, but when it's done, that's it. No reading, writing or other prep that must be done for the next day.

So right now I'm adjusting! The best part of my summer job this year? Three day weekends. Every week.


0 wonderful comments: