Wisdom Wednesday: Inequality

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

There are a lot of things in this world that really make me tick. Many of them I just don't mention here. In fact, I really haven't gone out of my way to articulate them for years... but that's another thing altogether. 


I guess it boils down to two things:


1. I didn't create this blog as a political place. This is a creative place, not a place to get all opinionated on everyone.


2. I don't believe in right or wrong, but I know a lot of other people do. As soon as I start talking about things I think/believe (or even hinting at it slightly, see this for an example) people start to make distinctions about "rightness" and "wrongness" which leads to nasty comments and so forth. I'm just not ready for all that business.


But sometimes I come upon things that I find very interesting that I think most people will be able to handle. This is one.


Have you ever heard of TED talks? Basically, people with really awesome ideas give a short talk on their really great idea and it goes up on youtube for the world to hear. I was lucky enough to watch this one in one of my anthropology classes and I thought it was worth sharing. I think that most of us (except maybe those at the top of the food chain) can agree that inequality isn't wonderful, but this video takes that basic idea and tests it out. The results are fascinating.






PS - Wisdom Wednesday? I couldn't help myself!

0 wonderful comments: