Lucky Girl

Saturday, December 24, 2011

We drove to Regina last Sunday to spend Christmas with our family. My car had been doing a couple of slightly odd things the week before the trip (needing more oil and coolant than usual), but we didn't think much of it. The car is 16 years old, so it wasn't surprising if it started having issues. But on the way home we had to fill up with coolant every 2 hours!

I'm lucky to have a mechanic in the family, so Bob showed up the morning after we got in to see what was up with my car. And the news was bad. My car was done and we were lucky to have made the entire drive in that car.


Somehow, though, Bob just happened to have a car to set me up with. He worked like crazy for the next couple days making sure everything was perfect and by Thursday I had a new (to me) car! It's a '99 Cavalier, but it's a big improvement for me, especially with 1/3 of the mileage of the other car. And my mom made sure that the cost wouldn't be interfering with our holiday or life back at home in the new year.


So I'm very thankful this Christmas for my family that will always do anything to ensure I have all I need and more.

0 wonderful comments: