Reruns: Bath Fizzy Tutorial

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Almost a year ago I had a baby shower for my sister. If you're new and haven't checked it out, you should read through all the fun. It was a great time! I gave some bath and body items as favours and have decided to rerun them for reasons that are much too complicated to bother explaining.



For my star bath fizzies, I used candy molds. They are little and don't do the massive explosion like a huge bath bomb, but I thought they were cute and they add some beautiful fragrance to your tub. Here's a rough recipe for them. For supplies, you'll need some type of mold and a spray bottle with water and your colour in it.

Ingredients:

1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/4 cup sea salt
2 tbsp coconut oil
essential oil/ fragrance oil
food colouring/cosmetic grade dye

Directions:

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Melt coconut oil and mix in well. Add scent to your liking. Once all of that is mixed in, start spritzing it with water and stirring it in. You want it to become damp so you can pack it, but you don't want it to fizz. Once it is packable, press it into the molds as firmly as you can. Let it sit for a few hours then turn out of the molds gently and allow to dry overnight.

To get the different colours of mine, I made a first batch light coloured. There was plenty left in my bowl because I only had a 12 cavity candy mold. I let the mixture dry out while the fizzies set, then I added some more yellow dye directly to the mix. This intensified the colour. Then I went through the process as usual. As you can see I made 4 batches, making the colour more intense each time.



0 wonderful comments: