Food Friday

Friday, June 3, 2011

You know what I loved about doing Food Week? I ended up picking more than 7 new recipes to try! So I've had more than just 7 days of new things to try. And that is always yummy. I decided that I wanted to make something with pineapple salsa. I saw a recipe for pineapple salsa and pork chops online. I'm not a big fan of pork chops, so I made some chicken and altered the pineapple salsa recipe to my liking.


Chili Rubbed Chicken & Pineapple Salsa

What you need:

2-4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp kosher salt
3 slices canned or fresh pineapple, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp lime juice
salt


How to make it:

Combine the chili powder, sugar and kosher salt then rub all over raw chicken breasts. Grill chicken until cooked through (I like to wrap mine in foil for about half the time so I can cook it at high heat on the bbq and keep in the juices, then remove it so it isn't too moist).

In a bowl, combine chopped pineapple, jalapeno, garlic, and lime juice. Season with salt to taste. Serve chicken topped with pineapple salsa!

0 wonderful comments: