It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010





Ok, actually it isn't for me...
It’s been hard for me to accept that we really are full on into shopping season. We’ve had such nice weather and it just does not feel like Christmas is around the corner, but alas, it is! I was planning on having a 100% handmade Christmas this year, that is, making all the gifts I am giving by hand. Now I realize that I may be taking on a little more than I can handle. So as a compromise, I decided I can probably manage to do a personalized Christmas. All the gifts I give will either be handmade by me, or planned out and personalized by me (but maybe made by someone else). My first thought for making my life easier was photo gifts. My family LOVES photos. There are lots of companies out there that you can use to get these items, but I think I love Shutterfly the most. They offer TONS of options for any project you can imagine. Here’s some of the stuff I’m thinking about using for Christmas this year....
Last year I made a little brag book of my son for my grandma with one of those little 4x6 inch photo albums. While exploring Shutterfly I found an awesome alternative: the snap book. These little photo books are compact and cute. They would be great for any family member who loves to show off their favorite photos. 
Another great gift for the grandparents, aunties and uncles of your little one is a photo book. Photo albums are great, but I think the quality and beauty of a photo book is worth a little extra money spent. Then again, I was just on Shutterfly’s site and their photobooks start at $11.04 right now, which is actually cheaper than a lot of photo albums!
Another gift that I plan on giving this year is a custom calendar. A lot of people use calendars that they get for free from companies that have pictures of cars or landscapes or whatever. I think they would much rather look at some of their favourite photos of, say, their grandchildren instead! The best part is that you can COMPLETELY customize the calendar and you have the option of a wall calendar, desk calendar or a poster size calendar
And for all those people that you want to send a personal greeting to without spending tons on gifts for every one? Personalized Christmas cards! I can’t even wrap my head around the selection either. They have folded cards, flat stationary cards and flat photo cards. And within those categories they have religious cards, business cards, hanukkah cards, gift tags, and a lot more than just red and green for colours. 


That was longer than I expected! Anyways, if you are a blogger yourself, you can give your readers a little run down on your favorite Shutterfly products and receive 50 free holiday cards! It’s a spectacular offer, you can check it out here. :) 

0 wonderful comments: