Food Week: Day Five

Saturday, October 30, 2010



Good Morning!

After yesterday, I think we all deserve an easy recipe again. This one I got from my Company's Coming Slow Cooker recipe book. I just modified the quantity of sauce used because, well, why would I want to have thawed lemonade concentrate leftover? It was a warm day so the summery flavour of this meal was enjoyable and  I really liked that I could toss a few ingredients in the slow cooker before school and have supper on the table by 5:30. The potatoes were really delicious, but the chicken was quite dry. Maybe it would be better if we put the chicken into the liquid rather than over it?


Summer BBQ Chicken

Ingredients:

1 (355 ml) can frozen concentrated lemonade, thawed
1/2 cup bold bbq sauce (we use Bull's Eye)
1 pound baby potatoes
3 or 4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)

Directions:

Put the baby potatoes in the slow cooker with the chicken breasts on top. Mix sauce in a separate container first then pour over chicken. Cook on low for 8-9 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.

That's it, that's all!

0 wonderful comments: