Apple Butter

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Good Morning!

After my jelly disaster, you would think that I might shy away from canning for a little while, right? Um, no. I just dove into a new recipe! This time it was apple butter. I have never eaten apple butter before, but it sounded delicious. Apples + Spices + Sugar + Heat = Apple Butter? Yes, please.

Also, it seems slightly less risky than jelly. So I found a couple recipes online, mixed and matched what I thought was good, and tried it out. It is totally yummy. I wished I had one of those little things that peels apples for you while I was doing the prep work, but it really wasn't that bad.

I had to take a picture of this stage. The apples, partially cooked, all golden from the brown sugar and spices. Is there anything better? 



The finished product! I got three full jars with a couple spoonfuls left over. :)

The recipe will be up tomorrow morning.

0 wonderful comments: